Q. Do you offer Pickup?
A. YES! Pick up at our brick and mortar location Wednesday-Sunday 10-5pm at 2 Baird's Cove Road, St. John's Newfoundland and Labrador, A1C 6M9
17 Outer Battery IS CLOSED.
Shipping is OPEN! Canada wide
Local pick up only.
Shipping is OPEN. Shipping it will be calculated at checkout please put your email address and DOUBLE check your mailing address.
We are not responsible for packages once in the hand of Canada Post.
your tracking number will be emailed in the shipping confirmation email.
Q.Do you offer refunds?
A. No. All orders are final sale.
Q. Where is your store located?
A. we are located at our brick and mortar location Wednesday-Sunday 10-5pm at 2 Baird's Cove Road, St. John's Newfoundland and Labrador, A1C 6M9
Q. How long does it take for my order to be sent out for shipping?
A. Expect delays during the pandemic.
Check your spam folder for our confirmation emails.
Currently shipping is OPEN Canada wide! Orders are sent out for shipping within a week after purchase.
Once your product has been shipped it is in the hands of Canada Post and they are fully responsible. Your order will have a tracking number to follow up with Canada Post.
Q. How do I get in contact with you about my order?
A. You can email us anytime at SaucyPotsPottery@gmail.com regarding any questions about your order with your order number. If your order is broken or cracked please email us photos with your order # number.
Q. Is it required for me to make an account on the site in order to make an order?
A. NO. Absolutely not, creating an account is completely optional, although we would be more than happy to add you to our Saucy Possi newsletters to learn about special events, sales and discounts!
Q. The product or variant I want to order is out of stock, how long will it be before it is back in stock?
A. We update our website whenever we have new product. We currently operate with two part time employees which means we are not in full production. This is a small business not a factory.
January to April is our OFF season. Shipping IS OPEN Canada wide and pick ups are AVAILABLE LOCALLY. This is the time of year we focus on workshops and product design. This is a seasonal business and we have lower capacity during the off season.
Q. Do you do custom products?
Currently custom orders are closed. We are not accepting custom orders. Custom orders slow down our production and require extra attention which slows down our entire production team and process.
We may offer custom products in the future but at this time we have decided to focus on restocking our current offerings. They will be clearly listed on the website when they are available again.
Q. How long does it take to make your products?
A. 3-6 weeks before it is completed (depending on the amount of products that are going through this process). The steps are as follows:
- Day 1: Prepping, rolling, and trimming the clay to the proper dimensions depending on the product being created, then hand crafting and stamping the clay to the correct form and product depending on the what's being created.
- Day 2: Once the form is set, we let it dry for about a week (often longer depending on conditions).
- Week 2 to 4: When the piece has fully dried, we fire it in the kiln for the first time. Kiln firings usually take about 24-36 hours to complete and cool, and are done a couple times a week depending on how much product we have on the shelves that's ready to be fired.
- Week 2 to 4: After the product has been fired once, we let it cool for several hours and then we make minor adjustments if necessary, like fixing imperfections, or sanding sharp edges. If it's a product with a saying on it, we fill in every letter by hand. Then after that we glaze it and prepare it for the next firing.
- Week 3 to 5: Once the piece has been glazed, we fire it in the kiln for the second time (taking the same amount of time as the first firing). The glaze firing fully hardens the product to it's final form, and makes it durable enough to withstand even a dishwasher!
- Week 3 to 6: After the piece has been fired a second time, we let it cool again for several hours and then we sand the bottom and prepare it to be packaged.
In total this process can take about 3-6 weeks to complete, the amount of pieces in production is what makes this time vary so much.
Q. Why is there no products on your store front?
A. We'll sometimes switch to doing limited drops of our products as stock becomes available, follow us on social media to stay informed as to when our products will be available to purchase!