Q. The product or variant I want to order is out of stock, how long will it be before it is back in stock?
A. We offer a wide variety of products with many variations for each one, we also make custom products that we often try to create upon an order being placed due to how long it can take us to create a single product (Read further down on this FAQ for our product creation timeline to get a better idea of how long it takes us to create our products).
Every week dozens of new product is being added to our stock but it's unfortunately difficult for us to estimate exactly when you can expect a specific variation to be added to our inventory. However we've recently started taking backorders for a couple of our more in demand products which helps us prioritize making what's been ordered to insure prompt creation of those variations for our customers. We're currently offering backorders for our 14oz Cups, 11oz Mugs, and 17oz Cups so if you want to see a specific variation on our shelves sooner than later, please consider that as an option.
Q. Do you ship to other places besides Canada?
A. We also ship to the United States and Europe! (Free shipping on orders over 250$ before taxes).
Q. How do I get in contact with you about my order?
A. You can email us anytime at SaucyPotsPottery@gmail.com or message us on Facebook @SaucyPotsPottery regarding any questions about your order.
Q. Do you do custom products?
A. We do custom sayings on most of our products (11oz Mugs, 14oz Cups, 11oz Half Cups, etc). Just be sure to select the "CUSTOM" version of the product you're interested in on our product page and put your custom saying in the "Special Instructions" field during checkout so we know what to put on your product (Please be aware custom products take a longer time to be ready than our normal products due to being made to order, read further down on this FAQ for our product creation timeline to get a better idea of how long it takes us to create our products).
Q. How long does it take for my order to be sent out for delivery?
A. Custom product orders will usually take between 3-5 weeks to be sent out for delivery due to us having to make the product from scratch (detailed further below on this FAQ), but if the stock of the product you ordered is available and it is not a custom product we should be able to send your order out for delivery a few business days after the purchase has gone through.
Q. I made an order for Local Pickup, how long will I have to wait for my order to be ready?
A1. If you ordered any of our regular products, your order should be ready for pickup the following Tuesday (we're offering curbside pickup on Tuesdays between 10:00am - 5:00pm currently), and we will notify you via email when your order is ready to be picked up. Feel free to message us on Facebook @SaucyPotsPottery or via email at SaucyPotsPottery@gmail.com regarding your pickup order.
A2. If you ordered any of our custom products, we first have to make your product (detailed further below on this FAQ), which could take between 3-5 weeks, depending on conditions and volume of orders, and then we will notify you via email that your order is ready for pickup.
Q. How long does it take to make your products?
A. Most of our products go through a process that can take 3-5 weeks before it is completed (depending on the amount of products that are going through this process). The steps are as follows:
- Prepping, rolling, and trimming the clay to the proper dimensions depending on the product being created.
- Hand crafting and stamping the clay to the correct form depending on the product being created.
- Once the form is set, we let it dry for about a week (sometimes longer depending on conditions).
- When the piece has fully dried, we fire it in the kiln for the first time. Kiln firings usually take about 24 hours to complete, and are done a couple times a week depending on how much product we have on the shelves that's ready to be fired.
- After the product has been fired once, we let it cool for several hours and then we make minor adjustments if necessary, like fixing imperfections, or sanding sharp edges. If it's a product with a saying on it, we fill in every letter by hand. Then after that we glaze it, prepping it for the next firing.
- Once the piece has been glazed, we fire it in the kiln for the second time (taking the same amount of time as the first firing). The glaze firing fully hardens the product to it's final form, and makes it durable enough to withstand even a dishwasher!
- After the piece has been fired a second time, we let it cool again for several hours and then we sand the bottom and prepare it to be packaged.
In total this process can take about 3-5 weeks to complete, and depending on the amount of pieces in production the process time can vary, as sometimes we'll do multiple first firings back to back to free up space on our shelves for more in-process pieces, or wait to fire the kiln if we don't have enough product to fill it.
Q. Is it required for me to make an account on the site in order to make an order?
A. Absolutely not, creating an account is completely optional, although we would be more than happy to add you to our Saucy Possi!