Q. Why is there no products on your store front?
A. We've started doing limited drops of our products as stock becomes available, follow us on social media to stay informed as to when our products will be available to purchase! We'll be doing drops continually over the coming weeks so you won't have to wait long to purchase our products!
Q. Where is your store located / where is your local pickup location?
A. Our store is located at 17 Outer Battery Road in St. John's Newfoundland. We offer local pickup at the same location!
Q. The product or variant I want to order is out of stock, how long will it be before it is back in stock?
A. Every week we restock product. We're currently offering backorders for our 14oz Cups, 11oz Mugs, and 11oz Half Cups so if you want to see a specific variation on our shelves sooner than later, please consider that as an option. It will be added to the top of our production list.
Q. Do you ship across Canada?
A. YES! We also ship to the United States and Europe! (Free shipping on orders over 250$ before taxes).
Q. How do I get in contact with you about my order?
A. You can email us anytime at SaucyPotsPottery@gmail.com regarding any questions about your order with your order number.
Q. Do you do custom products?
A. We do custom sayings on most of our products ( 14oz Cups, 11oz Half Cups, and Pins). Just be sure to select the "CUSTOM" version of the product you're interested in on our product page and put your custom saying in the "Special Instructions" field during checkout.
(Please be aware custom products take a longer time to be ready than our normal products because they are made to order (4-6 weeks). Read further down on this FAQ for our product creation timeline to get a better idea of how long it takes us to create our products).
Q. How long does it take for my order to be sent out for delivery?
A. Custom orders will usually take between 4-5 weeks for shipping because they are made to order (detailed further below on this FAQ). Product in-stock will be sent out for delivery a few business days after the purchase has gone through.
Q. I made an order for Local Pickup, how long will I have to wait for my order to be ready?
A1. We will also notify you via email or SMS when your order is ready to be picked up. Orders are picked up during business hours (Friday to Sunday 10am to 5pm) at 17 Outer Battery rd. Message us via email at SaucyPotsPottery@gmail.com regarding your pickup order with order number.
A2. If you ordered any of our custom products, we first have to make your product (detailed further below on this FAQ), which takes between 4-6 weeks, depending on conditions and volume of orders. We will notify you via email that your order is ready for pickup.
Q. How long does it take to make your custom products?
A. 3-6 weeks before it is completed (depending on the amount of products that are going through this process). The steps are as follows:
- Day 1-Prepping, rolling, and trimming the clay to the proper dimensions depending on the product being created.
- Hand crafting and stamping the clay to the correct form and product depending on the what's being created.
- Day 2-Once the form is set, we let it dry for about a week (often longer depending on conditions).
- Day 14-When the piece has fully dried, we fire it in the kiln for the first time. Kiln firings usually take about 24-36 hours to complete and cool, and are done a couple times a week depending on how much product we have on the shelves that's ready to be fired.
- Day 16- After the product has been fired once, we let it cool for several hours and then we make minor adjustments if necessary, like fixing imperfections, or sanding sharp edges. If it's a product with a saying on it, we fill in every letter by hand. Then after that we glaze it, we prepare it for the next firing.
- Day 22-Once the piece has been glazed, we fire it in the kiln for the second time (taking the same amount of time as the first firing). The glaze firing fully hardens the product to it's final form, and makes it durable enough to withstand even a dishwasher!
- Day 26- After the piece has been fired a second time, we let it cool again for several hours and then we sand the bottom and prepare it to be packaged.
In total this process can take about 3-6 weeks to complete, the amount of pieces in production is what makes this time vary so much.
Q. Is it required for me to make an account on the site in order to make an order?
A. NO. Absolutely not, creating an account is completely optional, although we would be more than happy to add you to our Saucy Possi newsletters to learn about special events, sales and discounts!